Do you want to know what factors determine if water is clean enough to drink? The Water Testing SEEDKIT is a hands-on activity designed to help students learn how to test water quality, and understand what makes water healthy or unhealthy for human use. This kit can be used to conduct a school workshop or as part of a larger collaborative workshop. You can also lead a short workshop at any school in your area, or do a science project with your own kids at home.
This SEEDKIT includes an introductory video, instructional videos, workshop outline, slide presentation, laboratories and articles from the SEED online science center. The kit also includes the chemicals and test tubes needed to for the activity. All you need is a water sample from a local pond, stream, lake, drinking fountain, or even your own kitchen faucet.
Files for Workshop
- Water Testing Outline
- Water Testing Slide show
- Start Your Own Project
- Video: An Introduction to the Water Testing SEEDKIT
- Video: Collecting water for testing
- Video: Staying safe during water collection and testing
- Video: Water Testing: Temperature
- Video: Water Testing: Turbidity
- Video: Water Testing: Biochemical Oxygen Demand
- Video: Water Testing: Dissolved Oxygen
- Video: Water Testing: Nitrates
- Video: Water Testing: Phosphates
- Video: Water Testing: pH
- Video: Water Testing: Coliform Bacteria
- Certificates for Workshop Completion
Get the Water Testing SEEDKIT
Water Testing SEEDKIT contents: DVD, water monitoring kit, coliform bacteria test tubes. DVD includes documentation in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
For more information, to talk to an expert, or to join a SEEDKIT Webinar, contact SEED.