Solar Water Heater
Are you interested in learning how solar power works? Then the Solar Water Heater SEEDKIT is for you! This hands-on activity will help students learn how energy from the Sun can be used to heat water and provide energy. This kit can be used to conduct a school workshop or as part of a larger collaborative workshop. You can also lead a short workshop at any school in your area, or do a science project with your own kids at home.
This SEEDKIT includes an introductory video, instructional videos, workshop outline, slide presentation, laboratories and articles from the SEED online science center, and the basic materials needed for the activity. You will need to obtain some items on your own, including four AA batteries and tap water.
Files for workshop
- Solar Water Heater Outline
- Solar Water Heater Slide show
- Experiment: Build a Solar Water Heater
- Build a Solar Water Heater—More Hot Water!
- Video: An Introduction to the Solar Water Heater SEEDKIT
- Video: How to assemble the Solar Water Heater panel
- Video: Making hot water with the passive Solar Water Heater
- Video: Building the active Solar Water Heater
- Certificates for Workshop Completion
- Experiment: What is the Path of the Sun?
- Experiment: How Long Is the Day?
- Find out more about How Long Is the Day?
- The Greenhouse Effect
- Sun and Earth and Temperature Change
- Alternative Energy: Solar Power
Get the Solar Water Heater SEEDKIT
Solar Water Heater SEEDKIT contents: DVD, medium-sized flat box, aluminum foil sheets, two 6-m lengths of clear plastic tubing, two 1-m lenths of clear plastic tubing, two 2.5 cm lengths of clear plastic tubing, plexiglass sheet, funnel, plastic beaker, 2 bulb thermometers, 2 spring-loaded clothespins, masking tape, submersible water punp, alligator clip leads, battery box. DVD includes documentation in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
For more information, to talk to an expert, or to join a SEEDKIT Webinar, contact SEED.