Many of us travel by walking, riding bicycles, or as a passenger in a car. It is important for all of us to know safety rules for these activities. The Road Safety SEEDKIT is a hands-on activity designed to help students learn how to safely bike, walk, or ride as a passenger. This kit can be used to conduct a school workshop or as part of a larger collaborative workshop. You can also lead a short workshop at any school in your area, or do a science project with your own kids at home.
This SEEDKIT includes an introductory video, instructional videos, three workshop outlines, slide presentations, and laboratories and articles from the SEED online science center. You will need to obtain some items on your own for the road safety demonstrations, including a Ping-Pong ball, a shoebox with lid, a small plastic bag, black paper, white paper, tissue paper, a Styrofoam cup, and an egg.
Files for workshop
- Traveling Safely as a Vehicle Passenger outline
- Walking Safely Along Streets and Roads outline
- Cycling Safely Along Streets and Roads outline
- Road Safety on the SEED Web site
- Video: An Introduction to the Road Safety SEEDKIT
- Video: The Importance of Wearing a Bicycle Helmet
- Video: How Seat Belts Protect You
- Video: Pedestrians, Lighter-colored Clothes, and Visibility
- Video: Reflective Clothing Makes a Pedestrian More Visible
- Video: Testing Your Reaction Time
- Certificates for Workshop Completion
Get the Road Safety SEEDKIT
Road Safety SEEDKIT contents: DVD. DVD includes documentation in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
For more information, to talk to an expert, or to join a SEEDKIT Webinar, contact SEED.