SEED and the Conrad Foundation want you to Get Your Genius On!
Calling all Teachers and Students:
SEED and the Conrad Foundation want you to Get Your Genius On™!
Teachers and students from SEED schools are invited to participate in the Spirit of Innovation Challenge, sponsored by the Conrad Foundation. One brilliant idea can win you and your teammates a trip to Houston, USA, and a $10,000 grant to prototype your own product.
What’s the idea?
SEED’s partner, the Conrad Foundation, believes secondary school students have the right skills to create the next world-changing, commercially-viable product or solution in these four areas:
- Aviation and Aeronautics
- Energy and Environment
- Cybertechnology and Security
- Health and Nutrition
How do we participate?
The Spirit of Innovation Challenge invites secondary school students and their teachers, coaches, or mentors to use their science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) skills to develop innovative products and services that will help solve global and local problems. The Conrad Foundation will match participants with world-renowned scientists, engineers, and entrepreneurs as mentors to assist with advanced academic and business principles.
What’s the prize?
The winning teams will receive awards and recognition, including a chance to attend the 2013 Innovation Summit at the NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston. Groups attending this event will present their products and vie for $10,000 grants, patent assistance, and commercial opportunities provided by the Conrad Foundation.
How do we get started?
Follow these steps to begin your journey:
- Register a personal profileat www.conradawards.organd invite your friends and teachers to join the community.
- Create a team and Get Your Genius On™! Teams can be made up of 2-5 students between 13-18 years old from different schools, states, and even countries. Each team needs one teacher, coach, or mentor. Develop your ideas for a product or service in your selected category. If you have several ideas, you can enter in more than one category.
- Submit your one-page abstract online. Selected teams will be invited to submit a full proposal as detailed on the Web site.
What’s the deadline?
Project abstracts are due by October 24, 2012.
Is there anything else?
Yes—keep SEED in the loop so we can help you along the way. Once your team is formed, contact our Educational Programs team at email@example.com. If you attend a SEED school, notify your country coordinator, too. We’ll support you on your journey.
Want to learn more?
The Conrad Foundation Web sitehas more details on the program, and all of it can be viewed in SEED’s seven languages.
Here are some videos to help you get started:
- How-to Webinar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqK8HUQvGjs
- Get Your Genius OnTM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68bhwoq1vX0
- Student Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neb2r_gLBMM
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.